Firstly, it allows medical providers to treat the three primary causes of death on the battlefield (or any other traumatic situation) on a real human casualty; uncontrollable hemorrhage (*with a blood distribution system), airway compromise, and tension pneumothorax.
Secondly, it has a streamlined frame with a minimal wearer profile to increase the realism of any training scenario - Hyper-Realistic® scenario.
Third, the unit is completely user-customizable and user-repairable, minimizing costly repairs and long term reoccurring costs.
Features Unique to the TCCC/EMS Cut Suit:
Procedures currently available on the TCCC Cut Suit:
- The system can be worn during even intense physical scenarios at the point of injury
- The system weighs approximately 20 lbs.
- Clothing, uniform, body armor, and equipment is usable
- Interaction with a live patient during the emergency assessment and treatment process
- The skin is user repairable, allowing for multiple uses per unit
- User created and customizable wound patterns
- Extremity hemorrhage control with:
- tourniquet application, arterial ligation/clamping, internal compression
- wound-void packing - with a blood distribution system
- Surgical Cricothyroidotomy
- Bilateral anterior and axillary chest needle thoracentesis
- Bilateral surgical chest-tube thoracotomy
- Suturing and stapling of skin in all locations
- Peripheral IV access
- Sternal intraosseous IV access
- Peripheral IV medication administration